Thursday, August 9, 2012

My pets hi jacked my sample book!

Hi!

So, my thought for today.....don't leave your sample book, or any part of your book for that matter, alone in the company of a crazy cat and a goofy Pug!

I just came home after meeting with my merchandise contact to find my sample book being held hostage by my pets.  Literally, the book was in the middle of the floor, and it was as if their biggest show down was about to ensue.

In one corner....Oscar the cat Dela Hoya-- In the other corner....Sampson the scrap eating Pug.

Oscar: Hmmmmm, what's this on her desk?  Ahhhh, it looks important.  Wait, this face looks all too familiar.  I must have it!  If I jump on the desk and nudge it off with the side of my face I can ensure it hits the ground, allowing me to make it my newest toy!  Muahh haha Muahh haha!
Sampson: Oh boy (tail curls up), what does Oscar have?  Is it food? Is it a treat?  I'll go over and see!  Dumpt de dumpt.
Oscar: I finally achieve my goal for the morning and here he comes to stifle my plan.  I can't get any alone time in this house!
Sampson: Nope, not food (tail straightens out).  Hey, that toy has my face on it.  Dumpt de dumpt.
Oscar:  This toy represents the fruits of my labor.  Back off funny man!
Sampson:   Funny man? I am funny---funny looking.  You shouldn't take yourself so seriously my dear brother.  That toy looks like me anyway.  It's my turn to play.
Oscar: Bring it on!
Sampson: I'm trying to bring it, I just don't move as quickly as you do.  Dumpt de dumpt.

It was right about then I walked in to find this hilarious situation taking place over the book cover. Maybe it was the picture of Chloey the Pug on the cover that appealed to them, or maybe this is just what happens when we leave the house.  I was able to re-cover the book safely, and now both boys are napping in their respective corners :)

Don't forget to Write, Write, Write!

JACI



No comments:

Post a Comment